1. What makes a marriage wrong is when you marry the person you do not agree on both major and minor issues (Amos 3:3).
2. There are no perfect marriages or perfect partners, marriage is the union of two imperfect people but are willing to work out their imperfection to a perfect union.
3. Marriage doesn’t work when two wrong people enter into the union. If both demands their way, the relationship would give way due to their irreconcilable differences.
4. That a man or woman seems right now doesn’t mean they’ll be right for you in the future. Don’t marry for the now but look into the future.
5. Why do I lay much emphasis on waiting on God to choose right? It’s like climbing the rung of a ladder to see what He wants you to see and while the journey continues, you can go back to Him in case you experience any issue that may seem to be beyond your control.
6. You can’t leave God out of your decision on whom to marry and get it right. It’s better you pay the price to get Him involved now than to pay the price to have Him fix a wrong marriage.
7. One major saving tips on avoiding a wrong marriage is this: “Trust the Lord completely, and dont depend on your own knowledge. With every step you take, think about what He wants, and He will help you go the right way” – (Proverbs 3:5-6, ERV).
8. The foundation of a wrong marriage is built on lies, deceit, premarital sex, immoralities, falsehood and on mundane things. If the foundation be destroyed, what can the righteous do?
9. Don’t rush into marriage, rushing cannot help you to know the right person. Don’t make the decision on whom to marry when you’re too young, your choice will be based on flimsy things, and being immature can’t help you to handle the demands of a marriage relationship.
10. Acting on pressure, desperation or impatience are not good reasons for getting married. Find a solution to all of these rather than use marriage to solve them.
11. Marrying an unbeliever is a wrong marriage, there’s no how you can make it work that it would ever succeed or become the kind of home God intended.
12. The foundation of your coming together and courtship determines the success of your marriage. Don’t go into marriage because of money, sex, peer pressure, loneliness, material things, pleasure but on a conviction and confirmation that both of you are meant to live together.
13. If your reasons for going into marriage isn’t strong enough and both of you are committed to making it work, a day will come when you’d find a reason to call it quit.
14. “If you find a wife (spouse), you have found something good. She shows that the Lord is happy with you” – (Proverbs 18:22, ERV). Depend on God to find a wife rather than lean on your understanding to find a partner.
15. If you want God to guide you on whom to marry, be ready to pay the price (patience, prayer, perseverance) and don’t lean on your own understanding (dating, cohabiting, catching them young etc.).
16. It takes patience to marry right and it takes patience to have a great marriage. Impatience is one of the reasons why people enter into the wrong marriage.
17. There’s no marriage made in heaven but there’s a match designed in heaven. It takes two God chasers to locate themselves and build a heaven on earth marriage.
18. Married to a wrong partner leads to a wrong marriage. A wrong step into marriage leads to a wrong marriage and all these would affect your purpose in life and your unborn generation.
19. Pay the price to find and marry the right partner that’s suitable for your life rather than struggle to make the wrong partner the right one in a wrong marriage.
20. That others got it wrong in marriage doesn’t mean yours will be like that. Get the terms right with God and He’ll make His way straight before your face.
21. Not everyone with the look of a potential partner who comes into your life will be the right one. Let God guide you so you don’t marry the wrong person.
22. Your education, exposure or experience cannot help you to know who’s right for you. The best you can know is to have someone who’s good for you but may not be suitable in the future. Rely on God!
23. A man or woman is a wrong partner, not because they’re not beautiful/handsome, rich, caring, submissive/respectful but because they’re not suitable for your life and destiny.
24. You can have a good wife or husband but when you fail to leave and cleave to your partner, your marriage will never work.
25. Don’t believe the false philosophy that God doesn’t guide people again in marriage. He does. He’s still doing it. And He can do it for you if you are willing to pay the price.