Trust me, love is a beautiful experience. It’s wonderful when you fall in love with the right person at the right time. Forget those old wives’ fables that are often said about it. What makes it beautiful has to do with many things most people are ignorant of.
Those who celebrate ignorance can never enjoy the bliss that comes from knowledge. You can’t enjoy the beauty of love when you’ve got it all wrong from the beginning. Meanwhile, a beautiful house erected on a bad foundation is like sitting on a time bomb. That’s exactly what happens when you fall in love when it’s not right.
However, one of those things many are ignorant of when it comes to falling in love has to do with time. When you fall in love at the wrong time, you’ll fall into a ditch, and you’ll also fall into the wrong hands.
Solomon, the wisest man who ever lived, wrote in his poetic book that love shouldn’t be awakened when the time isn’t appropriate. He placed so much emphasis on this matter by repeating it three times in his book. And this is a bitter pill that many would find too difficult to swallow.
There’s a time to fall in love, and there is a time you should never fall in love.
1. Don’t fall in love (or enter into romantic relationships) when you’re young or too young. Being too young has nothing to do with your age, but your maturity. You can be old as Methuselah in age but immature as a toddler in understanding. It’s a weird thing to be in love when you’re immature. Love is for the mature-not boys and girls.
When you’re young, you have no business being in a relationship. Why should you be in a romantic relationship when marriage is not the goal? Why should you even desire a love relationship with the opposite sex when other aspects of your life have not been built or established?
You can’t fall in love and at the same time develop yourself. There’s time for everything. When young people fall in love, they have a greater chance of messing it up with sexual immorality because they don’t have what it takes to sustain it.
2. It is a destructive agenda to dabble in a relationship because you’re lonely or you’re intimidated. Who told you that the cure to loneliness is to be in a relationship?
Marriage can’t cure loneliness if you don’t find a lasting cure for it now. Mind you, love comes softly; let nobody coerce or woo you into it. Fall in love when the time is right.
3. The time isn’t right to fall in love when you don’t know what love is. Many think they’re in love, but unfortunately, they can’t discern between lust and infatuation. They’re three different things. Love isn’t the same thing as lust, and infatuation is different from love.
4. Never fall in love when you’re desperate to be in love. There’s nothing done when you’re desperate that would ever end well. Loneliness, marital delay, pressure, worry, or a “revenge mission” can make you desperate to fall in love. Don’t do it.
If, by all means, you must be in love, fall in love when you’re sure that it is not good that you should be alone.
5. Do not awaken love when you’ve just been heartbroken or jilted. It’s impossible to be hurting and at the same time find healing. Healing is a process that gets rid of hurt or pain. Falling in love doesn’t heal hurt, but time and forgiveness do the job.
Look at your life now. Can you say this is the right time for you to fall in love or have a romantic relationship?
When the time isn’t right, you’ll hook up with the wrong person and you’ll be the victim of those terrible things people experience when they fall in love at the wrong time. Many wouldn’t have had a bad experience with love that destroyed their lives had it been that they had not stirred up love at the wrong time.
Never get me wrong, it’s good to fall in love with whom you’re in love, but if the time isn’t right, you’d fall in love with the wrong person and you’d be a victim of those wrong things people do when they’re in love at the wrong time.
When you fall in love at the wrong time, you’ll be finding love in the wrong place and with the wrong person. You’d think everyone who comes around is a potential suitor. Meanwhile, many things are involved in finding the right partner. Sadly, if many had waited a little longer, they would have found love with the right person.
True love is special and it exists when you find it at the right time and with the right person. Stir up love at the right time. Wait for it. Waiting is never easy, but it’s worth it in the long run when you’ve found true love with the right person and at the right time.