Many have said several things about love, but when it comes to its expression, they have done silly things all in the name of I’m in love. Why many say nasty things about love is because they lack the understanding of what love is.
Truth be told, many have done foolish things when they thought they were actually in love, but when they knew better, they regretted their silliness.
Please understand this, the expression of love does not rip off your common sense, it’s folly that ruins your sense of reasoning and makes you act on the impulse of feelings.
What is love, understanding, and what’s stupidity?
You need to know the difference between these, so you can call yourself to order when you’re drifting towards folly, or you’re not acting in love.
Love is a command and it’s a decision you make based on who you choose to relate with on a deeper level of commitment, but stupidity is your ignorant approach to issues that shows a lack of thoughtful decision or common sense.
True love is unconditional, selfless, and sacrificial, but stupidity expressed as love is unreasonable, ignorant, and myopic.
Below are the scenarios that show the difference between love, understanding, and stupidity.
1. Love is when you can conveniently give someone ₦2,000 out of ₦10,000, but stupidity is to give someone your school fees or hard-earned money and you’re left to soak garri or beg people for money.
2. Stupidity is to express sex as love, and you refrain from correcting your mistake because you think a man would love you as he keeps having sex with you. But understanding is to have the end in mind before you do such.
3. It is love to let go of a toxic relationship, but it’s stupidity to hold onto it for fear of the unknown or for becoming single again.
4. Folly is when a Christian tries to convert an unbeliever with the hope that they would change so you can marry him or her, but love is when you understand that you two can’t work together because you’re incompatible.
5. It is understanding to know that when a relationship does not have marriage as its goal, you quit; but foolishness is when you try to patch it and force it into marriage.
6. It is sheer ignorance to continue with illicit sex because everyone is doing it, but when you love your life and destiny, you’d know that such action would lead to doom.
7. It is love and understanding when you do not collect money from a guy, but silliness is to accept his money when you know that you don’t have anything to do with him.
8. Love is when you know what you want in a relationship and you go for it, but stupidity is when you’re confused about what you want and you do not seek insight to douse your confusion.
9. It’s silly to allow a man to stimulate you sexually but you told him not to penetrate because penetration is sinful and you don’t want to lose your virginity, but love is when you flee all appearance of evil that would affect your sexual purity and dignity.
10. It is ignorance of the highest order to think sex is all that a man needs, but understanding makes you focus on those things that would make you indispensable, irreplaceable, and an exceptional life without giving him sex outside the right environment.
11. When a man feels like his money and sexual prowess are all that makes him a man, he’s no different from an ignoramus. But a man of understanding knows that his ability to shield a woman from all evil is one of the most important roles a man is to play.
12. It is stupidity to think God would guide you on who to marry when you’re busy dating all the Tom, Dick, and Harry who come into your life for a relationship. But understanding makes you trust in Him with all your heart and never lean on your understanding.
13. It is love to give your all as a woman to a man who has proven himself to be committed to your all, and he has done so not by making promises, but through practical steps that lead to marriage. But ignorance is to give yourself to a man who wants physical intimacy but shy away from commitment.
14. It is understanding not to give the privilege of a wife or husband to someone who sees you as an option, but stupidity makes you prove that you’re a wife or husband material when your proofs are invalid.
15. No one proves that they’re alive; I don’t think such a test exists. But ignorance is trying to validate your worth to someone who doesn’t appreciate it in the first place.
16. It is understanding to prepare yourself for marriage when you know you’re not ready for it, but ignorance is to allow pressure or people to push you into it because you’re getting old, or because your mates are getting married.
17. It is self-love when you understand that what you intend to do would lead to regret and you avoid it, but stupidity is to throw caution into the air because of the immediate pleasure you’d derive.
18. It is stupidity to love others when you don’t love yourself. But understanding is to first love God, then yourself, and then others because you can’t give what you do not have.
19. It is ignorance to seek who to marry when you don’t know why you’re here on earth. Meanwhile, it’s understanding to discover why God created you before your quest for a partner. However, when you love your life, you’d major in the major then minor in the minor.
20. Love is when you use your head as you make a major, minor or moderate decision that would affect your life; but stupidity is when you act on the impulse of feelings, excitement, pleasure, and ignorance over regrettable issues.
It is love when you help me share this post or tag a friend.
It’s understanding when you pick one or two lessons and let them become life to you. However, I don’t-care attitude is when you ignore and waka pass 😆😁😊